Monday, August 18, 2014

Answer Me This....

I really like Answer Me This... Thanks Kendra for posting questions.

A quick "Did You Know"-- When John and I first started dating, we did Five Questions on a regular basis.  We were both at desks for part of the day and several times a week, we'd send random questions.  Sometimes the questions were fluff... and sometimes they were thoughtful.  I do miss that part of dating... but I so am glad I am on this side of dating :)


1. What is your favorite room in the house?

Does outside count as a room?  I am an outdoor person. 

I like my home. It's comfy and cozy... I recently decided to put aside my desires for cute and cottage-y for workable and convininet.  Therefore, on our painted antique hutch, we have a basket of bibs, a bowl of bows, and colored pencils.  Utilitarian is a must right now :)

2. Do you subscribe to any magazines or other periodicals?


I use to subscribe to a ton of mags.... and newspapers.  But now I can barely read books and blogs... so I have cut back.  I get my mom's copy of Real Simple which I love.  And I get my own copy of Sunset Magazine... that's a fabulous mag IMO.

3. How do you feel about the sign of peace in Mass? Enriching? Awkward? Overdone? Just right? Some combination of the above.

I loved reading about this last week.  John and I went to mass alone yesterday and had a post-mass discussion.  He thought it was just silly to question it... I totally get it but think it can be reigned in at times.

What I do love about it... It is a great tool to teach for toddlers... for us, it was the first real connection I felt they had to mass (aside from being blessed during communion.)


4. What is your least favorite sound?

Oh, my dear Betsy... love her to pieces but she wears her feelings on her sleeve... and they tend to come out vocally.  Her crying is tough on me.  She is a whiner and crier... and she's happier and expresses joy openly.  I am thankful that she is such a happy girl. It's the ointment for my ears after hearing her penetrating cries.  

Non-child noises-- the quite sound of dry hands on paper bags. Uck!


5. What was your favorite TV show (or shows) growing up?

I was a huge lover of old shows like Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy.  My mom would watch them with me and I loved it.  I also loved Little House on the Prarie.  I may have been that strange kid that wore a bonnet all of third grade when I wasn't at school ;)

6. What are your favorite TV shows now?


  • Amazing Race (satisfies my travel bug)
  • Next Food Network Star (satisfies my whimsical cooking)
  • Downton Abbey
  • Sherlock
  • Community (what a smart comedy for geeks and nerds like John and me!)
Have a wonderfully calm week!

PS-  Baby Jack turned one year old on Saturday!  He's such a good baby... oh, how I'd like another one.... St William of Rochester, pray for us.  St. Antohony of Padua, pray for us... and for our baby Jack's namesake saint, St. John-Charles Cornay, Pray for Us.







No comments:

Post a Comment