Monday, August 11, 2014

Answer Me This...

Answer Me This... also known as the only time I take to sit and write something on this blog...

1. What do you still want to do this summer?

That list is a long one...

We knocked one off this weekend-- we went to the Natural History Museum to look at Dinosaur Bones... we couldn't get in to see the butterflies and that's okay... the girls were amazed at the bird eggs.  Go figure... tiny little eggs and giant eggs.  



Unfortunately John goes back to teaching this week so our summer is sort of over.  We still want a beach day (we live a mile away and only make quick stops.. I want a nice afternoon.)  Swimming at the public pool but we need a babysitter since it's we are outnumbered by our little people by one (and pools require 1 x 1 adult supervision.)   We also want to go to a small local amusement park geared to children under 6.  Unfortunately the prices are higher than I remembered... I just don't see blowing $100 for a Merry-Go-Round.



2. What's your favorite kind of pie?

Easy... berry pies!!  Yummmm!!  I took a peach pie to a 4th of July party and had the best comments--- "Best pie ever" said my SIL and nephew.

3. How much sleep do you need each day? How much do you get?

I need a good seven hours.  Eight is great but seven is my magic number.


I

4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river, or ocean?

Swimming pool!  I love swimming... and I am most comfortable in a pool. I was a lifeguard in HS and a bit in college.  Also taught swim lessons for years.  I am so glad my girls are getting comfortable swimming.  I am contemplating Fall swim lessons and/or a pass to our local university pool so we can swim into the warm Fall months.


5. Do you know any poems by heart?

Um... do nursery rhymes count?!    
In all seriousness, I want to memorize e.e. cummings "I Carry Your Heart".  It became a poem that unites us to our children's birth moms.  

6. Do you use the public library?

I am terrible about returning things on time.

There, I said it.


In theory I love the library but I am a bad patron.  Well, maybe I am a good patron since they make money off of me.

I grew up going to the library so I want to become a library mom as my children get older.  

No comments:

Post a Comment