Sunday, June 8, 2014

"Answer me this..."


My first post here...  My inaugural post... and I am linking  up to a favorite blogger-- Kendra at Catholic All Year.
Maybe an actual introduction would be better... instead I'll answer these random questions from Kendra!

1.  Do you have a land line?
Yes!!  And someone our friends at Ho me De pot must have sold our number because we get 15,012 calls a day from solar companies and home construction companies.  We need some minor work done this summer and John suggests that the 100th construction company to call this summer will get the work.  Sadly, the 100th call will probably come at the end of the week.

2.  What is your least favorite food?
There is nothing (NOTHING!) worse than mayonnaise.  I hate it.  I've always hated it.  I always will hate it.  Done.

3.  What's on your summer reading list?
After complaining about tough times, a friend recommended this book:


Queue it up!!

Seriously, I've read most the other Louise Bates Ames books and they have really helped me mentally cope with struggles with my little people.. so onto the three!

For fun, I am trying this book:

Just started it... so no review yet.

I also have this on my Nook and anxious to read it:


And the girls and I have read this ten times since yesterday... and will probably read it a million more times.  (FWIW.... it's  a sweet book that connects ideas to the Holy Spirit.  What I didn't realize is that it's a Mormon book.... but it works well in our Catholic family.  Changed a few words.... the holy ghost is like Bringham Young...at-- just kidding... no LDS references in the book... just wanted a disclaimer since some people might choose not to by it.)  


4.  Is there something that people consistently ask you for advice on?  What is it?
For friends my age, I tend to be the quick source of info for cancer related stuff... not fun but my connection to City of Hope positions me to be that person for friends.  I am always happy to help. I've had a few friends have relatives come to City of Hope for second opinions.  Clearly not happy times... but I am always happy if I can help in some small way.

5.  What's the most physically demanding thing you've ever done?
That's a hard one... because anything tough in the moment seems like the toughest of all!
I maybe chubby and out of shape... but I love a good challenge.  John and I had a crazy hike from one side of Catalina to the airport... that was tough and we had herds of buffalo staring us down.  We also played at Flagstaff Extreme.  That was so much fun... but SO HARD!!  Total challenge.  

Alas I need a knee replacement.  My last year of HS I tore my ACL in my knee.  I had it replaced but now my whole knee is shot so I need to have surgery and until then my extreme activities are limited.

6.  How do I feel about massages?
Conceptually it's sort of weird... but man do I love a good massage!!  

Maybe tomorrow I'll finish a "get to know me" sort of post w/pics and everything!

xoxoxo 
Jill






No comments:

Post a Comment