Monday, June 22, 2015

Yea.. Now Answer Me The This... it's back!

So I have been silent forever... and that's okay.  I am not much of a blogger but I do enjoy writing. I've come to realize that I love "playing along" with other blogger's weekly challenges or questions.. but I am not one much to sit down and create something on my own.

I will admit I am partly insecure about what I have to share so using someone else's platform helps.

Anyway... I was thrilled to see that Kendra, one of my favorite and most inspiring bloggers, has brought back "Now Answer Me This..." for the summer.   Yea and thanks Kendra!!




1.  What's the best thing about your dad?

What a great question!!  My dad is great.  He's a fix-it sort of man but he's soft hearted.
The best thing-- I would have said his work ethic... but now seeing him as a Grandpa I'd have to say his ability to love and embrace the moment.  My children adore him... and I adore watching them all together.

My dad has always had motorcycles.  He's now more of a four-wheeled ATV guy (safety first).

A family pic from this summer.





2.  If you've got kids, what's the best thing about their dad?

John is a great dad.  He's all-hands-on.  He is willing to step out of himself to have fun and make the kids laugh.  While he sets limits, he also is fun.  I think the best thing about him is his ability to love them whole hardheartedly in the moment (hmmm... strangely similar to what I wrote about my own dad!!)

Here's a picture from Friday evening at our co-op end of the year party.  Besty wanted to dance.. so he danced... :)


And an all time favorite pic... the girls insisted Daddy would get cold so he is wearing on of their hats.  He wore it around the block on a walk and didn't care that he looked silly.  Love that man.





3.  What's the best advice your dad has ever given you?

Best advice has been more of a lifestyle.  My parents chose not to live beyond their means.  My dad set examples of making modest choices.  His examples have bled into who I am now and the choices we make.  It's not always easy or fun but modest living is the right way in my opinion and I thank my dad for teaching me to not go into debt "just because I need ____".


4.  What's something you have in common with your dad?

My mom would say it's definitely that we are thinkers... we both dwell on decisions and think them over and over before acting.  I wouldn't say that's a bad thing.. it's just what we do.

oh, and the love of a good yard sale :)


5.  What's the manliest thing you know how to do?

Hmmm... ride a motorcycle??  I started young. I don't ride one now but I could if I needed to ride one.  I also drive a stick shift and can drive an H-column stick shift.

So I searched for a pic of me on a "50" motorcycle. I was four.  I can't believe I rode at four... my four year old isn't even riding a bike yet.  Alas I couldn't find it but I did find a pic of my dad driving our old Bronco and Toyota... both H-columns.. so that'll have to do (plus this is a Father's Day edition!)



6.  Who's your favorite fictional dad?

Toss up here-- from year's past, Charles Ingalls. He reminds me of my dad.  Hard working and full of wisdom.


And a more modern man/husband/dad is Adam Braverman from Parenthood.  I love the balance of his character.  I see a lot of my own husband in his character.  



Have a good week!!  (and countdown to Edel starts now!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment